Saturday, July 4, 2009

Week 10, Day 65, July 4, 2009 "Fireworks"


Happy Birthday to the United States. What is a 4th of July celebration without fireworks?

I like this photo. I believe that most of the explosion is on one plane, and the photograph seems to show it. I also like the various colors.

Lesson Learned:
  • Remember a back up battery. Lucky this time I had one.
  • It's hard to hear the shutter open when there is a lot of noise. With the longer shutter speeds it was difficult to tell if a photo was being taken.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/20 sec, Aperture f/7.1, ISO 1600, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 27mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod.

6 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Reminds me of LIGHT BRITE from childhood!

Gallow said...

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. I had a lot of fun with the light bright as a kid.

Kari said...

... you mean when I was a kid? haha

Gallow said...

Kari, yes, I still had fun with it when you were a kid. If I had one now, I'd still probably have a lot of fun with it.

Jen Yu said...

Steve, I'm enjoying watching your progress as a photographer! You're doing a great job. Just a quick note, on the fireworks, you don't need to bump the ISO so high. In fact, I recommend keeping it as low as possible (50, 100, but no more than 200) to keep those colors and sharpness. Set the aperture somewhere between 8 and 16 (I prefer 16) and shoot on bulb (this way you can control what you capture and what stages you want to capture). If you want, you can check out my 4th of July fireworks on my photo blog and I am by no means a nighttime photog :) Keep shooting!! :)

Gallow said...

Jen,

Thank you for the tips. I'll give them a try. I never even thought about using bulb. That's a fantastic idea.

I've added your blog to the list on the sidebar of my blog. Your photos are incredible!

Steve