Monday, July 20, 2009

Week 12, Day 81, July 20, 2009, "Foul Shooting"


Sometimes you get lucky. This shot looks a little like a studio shot with a black background, but it isn't. Somehow the aperture, and shutter speed combined to make the background completely black. The game was outside, and the sun was shining directly on the player.

Lessons Learned:
  • Luck sometimes plays into getting a great shot
  • One problem that I have had with cameras is I'll get it set in one setting, and I accidently turn the know without knowing it. Then the camera isn't set to what I think I'm shooting. Today it happened again. Because the settings on the (M)anual settings were so different than the settings for the Av (Aperture Priority) I noticed it right away because the shutter speed was much slower. I think I'll try to remember to continue to set the (M)anual setting much different from my regular shooting mode. It didn't happen during this photo, but some previous photos.
Photo Details: Exposure time 1/500 sec, Aperture f/3.2, ISO 100 , Focal Length 180 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 291mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, handheld.

No comments: