Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Week 12, Day 83, July 22, 2009 "Toad"


Last night after I posted my photo of the day there was a beautiful rainbow. I did take some photos of it, and put it on my facebook account. But, it was to late to post it here. :-) I see others had taken photos of it as well. We could see hints of a second rainbow.

On the way home tonight, I notice it was raining again. The nice part about the cloud cover is the colors near the ground are not washed out by the sun.

While I was taking photos today, I noticed this toad. I had to quickly put my dog, Tank, inside so that he wouldn't eat the toad when I tried to take it's photograph. I succeeded, and the toad hopped off at the end of our photo shoot, and the dog never found him/her.

Lessons Learned:
  • My little tiny tripod isn't a very good one. I need to look for a better one for the ground photography.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/20 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 40 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 65mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod.

1 comment:

Gallow said...

The more I look at this photo, the more fascinated I become with the colors of the toad. I really like the color of the eyes.