Sunday, July 5, 2009

Week 10, Day 66, July 5, 2009 "Daddy Long Legs"


Photography is opening doors for me in interesting ways. Sometimes when I take photos people are curious and ask me what am I doing. Many times when I tell them about this blog, they begin to tell me interesting places that they know.

Last night a neighbor was telling me about his woods, and how they have trails all through them. I took a walk through them, and the trails are very nice. There are many ferns, and the light comes through the trees and lights them in interesting ways.

Another neighbor asked me if I was afraid of heights. It old him no, and he said I could climb to the top of his silo if I wanted a photograph from there. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to do that yet.

On the way back I noticed this Daddy Long Legs on a leaf with interesting lighting.

Lessons Learned:
  • Talk to people about photography, and ask about interesting places to photograph.
  • Day time shooting seems to work well in the woods because of the filter of the trees.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/125 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 40 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 65mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod.

No comments: