Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Week 27, Day 195, November 4, 2009, Law School Arches


I was back at the older buildings on the Cornell Campus today.  I'm intriqued by these arches and the lighting at the law school.  I tried to capture them in a unique way today.  I still haven't quite found out how I want to photograph them, or the best lighting.  I have a feeling I'll be back in this area again.

Lessons Learned:
  • Some places capture my imagination, but I'm unable to capture it on a photograph.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/25 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 800, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 27mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held.

Tomorrow night is the first night of the Groton Photo Club.  (That's not the final name of the group)  We'll be meeting at the Groton Community Church at 7:00 PM.  If you are in the Groton area, and have an interest in photography, please join us.  Everyone is welcome. We hope to see you there.

6 comments:

Kcalpesh said...

I've seen the best schools in my town but none so beautifully architectured. The attention to the details given by the architects is really admirable!

- World Photo Bloggers

Gary's third pottery blog said...

You said it, the older buildings are wonderful.

AB said...

The simple form of the arches is attractive. If you are looking for inspiration for when you come back, you could try Flicker interesting search (Flickr: "arches").

Barbara Martin said...

The arches tell of an older time, and these provide a comfort to me. It must be their age.

Anonymous said...

I like this a lot.

carmilevy said...

I like knowing that you can always go back. And every time you do, you'll manage to see it from a different perspective. This building looks like it would occupy me for weeks! Wonderfully shot.