Saturday, November 14, 2009

Week 29, Day 205, November 14, 2009, Ludlowville Falls


I like these falls. Many times when I go there are only a few of us.  My daughter used to have an apartment nearby, so it also reminds me of her.

  I like the formation of the falls.  There is a large solid piece of limestone over a lot of shale.  It's that large solid layer of stone just above the spout of the falls. This limestone erodes much more slowly than the shale around it.  So there is a little cave behind the waterfalls to the left of this photo.

The cave is very dark, so those photos weren't as nice as this one.  In this photo, I  like how the water flows down in that one pocket, and is lofted into the air.

 Lessons Learned:
  • I was thinking about the photo from yesterday.  I was thinking how it's probably a photo that I appreciate more than most of the blog readers because I know the people.  My emotions play a large part of what I enjoy in photography.
What are some of your photos that containing a much greater meaning than the photo itself?

Photo details: Exposure time 1/3 sec, Aperture f/22.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 40 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 65mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod, circular polarizer filter.

8 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I would want to be there on August first when it is 85 degrees....

Gallow said...

This is a good time to be there. The water feels great. This was in the middle of summer

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=36909997

AnSa said...

..wow!..fantastic shots! amazing shot falling water..:D
I love pictures of water and sky..:)

Nicki said...

Steve - as you know, I love these falls. They are the pic on my cell phone wallpaper. Beautiful shot!

AB said...

Nice patterns in water sprays

Kari said...

Pretty! (You should get some water proofing for the camera and go into the cave- it's really cool!)

Budo7 said...

I just started last year taking photo's I am loving your site.. So much to learn about how to take good pictures, keep up the great work.

Barbara Martin said...

Waterfalls are my favourites above lakes. The sound of the water rushing, gurgling and roaring as it goes over has a soothing effect. I can see where it would be immensely cooling in the summer to be close.