Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 29, Day 209, November 18, 2009 Let the Games Begin


It's amazing the influence that Rome has had on the world.  The Stadium at Cornell University is no exception.  The Eastern side of the building reminds me of the Colleseum in Rome with it's many arches.

In this photo the leaves have fallen off most of the vines, and the vines have taken over this side of the building.  It was a beautiful morning with the fall sun shining on the stadium.  I stopped on my way to work to take a few photographs.

Where do you see Rome's influence today?

Lesson Learned:
  • I'm really liking the Fall Sun.  It's much less harsh than the summer sun, and casts interesting light throughout most of the day.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/60 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 200, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 28mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held, circular polarizer filter. 

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Lovely subject, and I like your composition.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

the columns in front of my Italianate house!

Anonymous said...

Love the lighting! And I also love the little bit of color from the leaves that are still on the vines...beautiful!

AB said...

It almost looks like the crawling plants have been around since the Roman era.