Friday, November 6, 2009

Week 28, Day 197, November 6, 2009, Cornell Plantations Late Fall


I had some daylight when I left work, so I wondered over to the Cornell Plantations.  It's late fall so many things have lost their leaves, and are ready for winter.

I like the stone walls and the gates in the plantations, as well of some of the few remaining leaves on the trees.  The blue sky was nice to see, and the yellow fall sun shine cast a nice color over the plants.

Lessons Learned:
  • In the fall when the leaves are gone, it's easier to see new things that were covered in the middle of the summer.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/4 sec, Aperture f/22.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 27mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod, circular polarizer filter (I'm lovin the filter).

6 comments:

AB said...

A very autumn scene.

Nicki said...

How do you shoot in the future? LOL as it is not the 11th until Wed. Love the shot. The Plantations are some of my favorite spots at Cornell.

Gallow said...

Wow, how did I do that? Nicki, thank you for catching the mistake on the date. I've fixed it now.

Rune Eide said...

You have caught the autumn very well, vivid colours and all. Congratulations on this one.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

how perfect Stevo!

Andrew said...

Just found this blog - fantastic shot! I'll definitely be following this on Blogger.