Friday, September 18, 2009

Week 21, Day 148, September 18, 2009 Fall Fungi


On the way home from work today as I crossed the footbridge from the parking lot into Collegetown at Cornell University, a caught a very bright orange object out the corner of my eye on the edge of the gorge.  I looked over and found a fungi growing on a stump of a tree.

Of course I had to photograph it.  I carefully climbed down to the edge, and got my camera.  I didn't have my tripod with me so I attempted to hold the camera as steady as possible.  I also had to up the ISO a little.

I'm not sure what type of fungi it is, but I found it beautiful.  I hope you enjoy.

Lessons Learned:
  • I need to following things that catch my eye.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/100 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 400, Focal Length 24 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 39mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I head to Ithaca, I swear I am going to head up to Cornell and never get up there. Now more reasons. Beautiful! Have a great time at the Ultra this weekend.