Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week 21, Day 152, September 22, 2009, A Little More Color of Fall


Each day there are more changes in the colors of the trees.  I drove down a few of my favorite streets, and took a few photos.  For those of you familiar with Groton NY, Clark Street is a great road.  It travels by the cemetery which is a great place for photography.  The residents don't seem to mind.  Further along the road past Old Stage Road, Clark Street become very windy with many trees lining the road.  I think there will be a lot of future photography shots along this road.

Lessons Learned:
  • People many times mistake me for a surveyor when I'm photographing.  I like to carry cards with me that describe a little about what I'm doing.  I then can hand them to people when they ask.  It's a great conversation starter.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/10 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 28mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Gilje said...

Wow, another really nice one!! I like the use of thirds with the road on the bottom left.

You've always had great pictures (why I follow you), but these last couple weeks have gone up a notch! Awesome!

RuneE said...

I liked that about "the residents don't minding" :-)
You seem to have found a fine place for this kind of photography - have fun!

I have never heard of "the card method", but it sounded inventive. We have so many tourists around (especially in the summer months)that I can just put on a cap, carry my camera-bag and and do whatever I like. I'm just a tourist...

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

totally rich and gorgeous Stevo!

webruci said...

It's first time to visit your blog but certanly not the last.
Wonderful photos and great style to write.
I love your blog.

Bless you.