Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week 21, Day 150, September 20, 2009, Elderberries


As I mentioned in my blog back on August 25th, my father's favorite desert is elderberry pie.  Usually on August 25th my mother pulls the elderberries out of the freezer because they are not ripe yet. (But sometimes they are.)  This year they are now ready.  It's a race between the pickers and the birds.

I really like the color of the little branches that hold the elderberries.  They are very tiny, so this photo is cropped so that you can see the individual berries.

What's your favorite desert?

Lessons Learned:
  • Dark foregrounds and dark backgrounds don't mix well.  I tried some larger bunches of berries, but they had very dark leaves behind them.  They didn't photograph well.
  • I thought I had a great shot of a leaf with the sun illuminating it from the back.  When I look at the photo I have lost the illumination.  I must learn more about this trick.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/8, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, tripod.

No comments: