Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 22, Day 156, September 26, 2009 Breaking a Tackle


My son's football team played during the day today.  For photography the lighting of a day game is a lot better than the lights of a night game.

My son's team won today, but it was a tough game.  Both teams played very well, and it was a real battle.

I'm amazed in this play.  The player carrying the ball was actually able to break the tackle and continue to run.

Lessons Learned:
  • This lesson was learned after looking at the photos from the game.  Close up photos during daylight hours are really cool.  It's neat to be able to see the players faces in their masks.  I'll try and take more photos like that at the next daytime game.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/800, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 200, Focal Length 120 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 234mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, handheld.

3 comments:

webruci said...

Hello my friend.
Sorry I'm late, you know I work in night in weekends:-(

WOOOW!!!
This is great. Is not easy to shoot the perfect movement. You did it!
I never see American football live, only on TV

Great post!
Bless you.

The Gilje Crew said...

Nice catch (is that a pun?)! I like the clarity and how you caught it at just the right point in the tackle.

jon said...

Groton 18 (Orange helmuts) Moravia 14. NYS has a helmut project. Every school has their helmut on the site. good pix.