Monday, September 21, 2009

Week 21, Day 151, September 21, 2009, Swirls of a Reflection


As I was driving home this evening I was driving on a road I don't normally drive along.  I noticed out one side a small pond near the road.  This pond had a lot of green on the top as some ponds do.  I noticed a lot of interesting swirls.  Probably from a duck or some animal swimming through the green, or maybe small currents running from the springs.  It had an interesting look to it.

I felt kind of odd photographing it, because it was about 200 yards from somebodies house, so I didn't take a lot of time photographing it.  I do like the swirls through the reflections of the trees.  I think this one would be interesting to photograph at different times of the day as the light changes, and trying various camera settings.  Perhaps someday I'll return for another shot.

Lessons Learned:
  • I was surprised at how I felt I was intruding on someone else's land.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/320, Aperture f/5.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, hand held.

4 comments:

Werner Sun said...

The swirls are wonderful. They look like brush strokes, and they produce a nice layering effect.

Anonymous said...

I understand the "intrusion" feeling. I was taking photos one day last fall at the top of a hill nearby (there are tons of them, ask me, I'll tell you). I wasn't even shooting towards a house and the owner came out to ask what I was doing.

I love the look of this shot!!!

Rune Eide said...

A nice abstraction - you might print it out and frame it!

PS I was standing 1m from fjord and used a 300mm (= 460mm) equipped lens with a polarization filter. I'm glad you liked it.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh! Nice. greens in the water, trees reflected!