Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010, Reach for the Sky

This photo was another experiment.  It was inspired by all those cool photos of Redwoods out west.  These are some tall pine trees near my house.  I think that a logging company planted them, and is now harvesting this area.

I like the effect, but it's not quite what I want.  I think blue skies would have a better effect, but I do like the black and white look to this photo.

Lessons Learned:
  • I really wanted to take photos tonight after taking two days off.  Although I didn't have a lot of time to do so.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/60 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 17 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, handheld.

6 comments:

Andrew said...

It reminds me of those photos of iron filings tracing around a magnetic field.

Reverend Awesome said...

Whoa. This is way awesome. It sort of makes you feel dizzy looking at it.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

forms a beautiful pattern Stevo!

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Beautiful!

BSOB said...

stevo - love the grainy effect in this shot - fantastico. one of my favorites

AB said...

Great pattern