Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010, Family of Crows

We have a family of crows living in a tree in our side yard.  I think this is the first time in the 21 years that we have lived here that we have seen a nest of crows.

We can hear them call to each other in the morning, and they are very quiet when they are in their nest.  

In this photo, the nest is the dry sticks on the left.  An immature crow is out on one of the branches.

Lessons Learned:
  • When I'm tired at the end of a long day, it's kind of relaxing just sitting there watching the birds.  Remind me to never get wrapped up in a TV series again.  I stayed up to late last night watching "Lost".  
Photo details: Exposure time 1/160 sec, Aperture f/3.5, ISO 100, Focal Length 200 mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod.

2 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

Keep an eye of them, as crows can be very entertaining. I've seen them tease a cat by flying from tree to tree while enticing it to try and catch them.

Prettypics123 said...

I like your fuzzy photo too. Thanks for that.