Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4, 2010, Does anybody make Dandelion Wine?

There is a field full of dandelions near our house.  A few days ago I photographed with a narrow depth of field, and published it.  Today I thought I would go back and try a different approach.  I used a narrow fstop to try and photograph more of the field.

I like the effect, but I think the dandelions of a few days ago looked better.  They were fresher at that time.  I will try and go back when they have all gone to seed to see what that looks like.

Lessons Learned:
  • I applied a graduated tint to make the sky a little darker.   This also made the back of the field a little darker and gave the photo more depth.  I wasn't expecting that.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/25 sec, Aperture f/18.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 17 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod.

10 comments:

Sandra said...

I love the way the sky looks in this one.

Andrew said...

Looks great man! I like the tilted horizon, it actually adds to the shot, unlike most tilted horizons. It would be interesting to see what the dandelions would look like with different types of lighting, for example at sunrise/sunset, overhead light, cloudy day, etc.

Breanna said...

Never in my life would I have ever said that dandelions look beautiful...but I really like this photo! From the weeds to the sky...amazing!

James said...

I love the way it looks with the sky in the background.

Yolanda said...

Hey, it's my Microsoft windows 95 background! :) Just kidding! The exposure is perfect for this landscape!

toledonative said...

Wow! So many dandelions! This looks awesome! Sorry I don't have any dandelion recipes for you!

Mike Simmons said...

Another great shot, Steve. I too really like the sky with the sea of dandelions.

Liz said...

I have a recipe for dandelion wine! I will scrounge it up, and send it to you. I love this photo, we grow dandelions here, but there is a fancy new hood going up around the bend, sure they won't be pleased to see that!

Judy said...

I think I tried it once. That's it though.

I love complimentary colors. And the blue and yellow are wonderful (along with the green of course).

Andrey Dorokhov said...

graduated tint- never did it with mine, should try it someday. Looks good to me