Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12, 2010, Trillium

This photo was an interesting exercise for me.  I returned to a place that I took photos almost 1 year ago.

There are some changes since 1 year ago.  The first change is that the Trillium are past their peak.  We had some warm weather earlier this year.  There are quite as many blossoming this time.  Although it's still very impressive the number that have blossomed.  Many of them have a purple tint to them this year.

The second big change is in my photography.  I was able to take this photo with just a few shots( 24 vs 303), and I believe it to be a better photo.  I paid special attention to the flower on the bottom left to make that a focal point.  I paid a lot of attention to the colors, and used my circular polarizer filter to enhance the colors.  It was a foggy day today, so I new the colors would be more brilliant today.  (I don't think I would have known that a year ago.)

Any of you that are doing the 365 challenge, I would encourage you to return to some of your previous subjects that you took when you were first starting.  Take a look at how far you've come.  It's a great feeling.

Keep Shooting.

Lessons Learned:
  • I am improving.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/2 sec, Aperture f/14.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 17 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod, circular polarizer filter.

7 comments:

Andrew said...

Sweet shot, and it's nice to realize you're getting better... haha.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Steve, incredible! Maude and I have to get over there fast!

toledonative said...

How cool that you can see progress in your photography! I'm not sure I'm there yet!

BSOB said...

congrats man! its really great to see progress, and in your case, actually seeing it.

Sandra said...

Congratulations!
Yes you have improved. I agee with you about going back and taking shots over to see the improvement. Nice job Steve.

Pam Lane said...

My, how you've grown! :-)

Mike Simmons said...

I agree Steve, today's photo is better than last years. And it's neat to return to previous photo sites. Great idea, thank you!