Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26, 2010, Blurred Butter Cup

It was fairly windy, and the flowers wouldn't stop moving, but I still took a few photographs.

Although the photo is blurry, I really like this one.  It seems more like a painting than a photograph.  I like the colors and the interesting patterns in the background.

Lessons Learned:
  • A photo doesn't always have to be crisp to still be interesting.  (I think Ben Marlan mentioned that he like blurry photos.) 
Photo details: Exposure time 1/200 sec, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, handheld.

6 comments:

Yolanda said...

Why do you build me up buttercup? It really does look like a painting, and how it is lit up as it captures the light just so!

Sandra said...

It does look like a painting. Beautiful work.

toledonative said...

I like it! The movement it portrays is really neat.

And thanks Yolanda - now I'll be singing that song all day! lol

Barbara Martin said...

I like this buttercup, Steve, in its batural setting.

AB said...

Very creative

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I like it too, aren't they the most cheerful wildflower?