Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 3, 2010, The Tenacity of Life

I noticed this maple tree growing in the hollow part of a stump that was cut just a few years ago.  I am amazed at the tenacity of life.

I like the contrast of the green with the dead wood, and the dark cavern around the tree.

Lessons Learned:
  • Be Observant.
  • I need a circular polarizer filter for my 50 mm lens.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/100 sec, Aperture f/5.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, handheld.

5 comments:

James said...

It's so true. I've seen trees and plants growing in the most amazing places. Nice capture Steve!

Andrew said...

That's awesome! Looks straight out of a photography magazine. Another one worth printing.

Yolanda said...

Lots going on here... textures, lines, patterns, life, death, life within the death. It's crazy beautiful.

Liz said...

stunning. this is what nature gives us, if only we open our eyes.

Kari said...

There's a tree near bebe lake that's growing out of the pavement. It's pretty cool.