Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010, So many flowers so little time.

My Grandmother used to say that dandelions should be called Mother's Day flowers, because every child brings them to their mother.  She loved dandelions, and would have enjoyed this year.  They are very plentiful.

We used to have a neighbor that hated dandelions, and would spray them every year.  He came over once and told me what to spray on our lawn to get rid of them.  I told him that I liked them.  He looked at me kind of funny, and left.


Lessons Learned:
  • This was one of those surprise photos.  I didn't know the bee was flying through as I was taking the photos.  Sometimes I get lucky in my photos.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/800 sec, Aperture f/2.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 145 mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, hand held. 

12 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

the same thing happened to me the other day, there was a bee in dandelions I was photographing, yay! Nice pic Stevo :)

Yolanda said...

That is a great and happy surprise! The flying bee works so well with the DoF you chose for this! How perfect he is flying in the same plane of focus! Very effective!

Mike Simmons said...

What a great shot Steve! When those surprises happen we take them don't we? Perfect image!

dianasfaria.com said...

a great memory about your grandmother & a beautiful scene to accompany it.

Unknown said...

Excellent picture and caption.

Andrew said...

Man that's a fantastic shot! This one is worth printing.

Judy said...

I love the focus in the center of the field of yellow. And the bee is a small added bonus.

ruma said...

Yes.
It is the lovely moment.
Here is full of happy atmospheres of the spring.

Beaneyman said...

Great Great shot !

Andrey Dorokhov said...

"Mother's Day flowers"? I should remember that ))

Sandra said...

It's an amazing image! Nice surprise too. I agree with your grandmother about the mother's day flower ;)

You suggested I try a circular polarizer filter, can you point me in the right direction? I've only ever used a UV Filter.
Thanks

James said...

I like them too. Your picture is excellent. It's like a sea of yellow and the "bee?" really adds a nice touch.