Saturday, May 1, 2010

Week 52, Day 366, April 30, 2010, 365 Has Been Accomplished!

I have just completed my "Year in Photos".  It feels great to have completed it, and it's been an incredible journey.  I plan on writing a more complete summary of the journey. 

I plan on continuing for as long as I can with this blog.  I'm not sure if I'll take a photograph every day, but I do plan on taking several a week.

I want to thank all of you who have viewed, read, or commented on the blog.  Your critiques, encouragement, and ideas have all helped me to become a better photographer.  I couldn't have done it without your support.

Today's self portrait represents the hours of looking over the photos, posting to other blogs, and looking at other peoples work throughout the last year.  

Lessons Learned:
  • After looking back over the last year, I was surprised by how much this project means to me.  It has become a big part of my life.
  • I learned how to control my camera from my computer.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/10 sec, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 400, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, camera sat on top of my printers as a tripod.

18 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

STEVO! Yay!

toledonative said...

Wooo! Congrats!

I am 120 days into mine and find the challenges to get a photo up every single day ebb and flow. Very, very impressive feat!

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I've enjoyed our conversations on photography.

I'm glad to hear that you will continue to post. I understand the stress associated with posting every day. I'm using this year to improve my technique. When I finish, I hope to focus on vision and style.

Yolanda said...

You were my very first inspiration to do my journal - I first read about you in DPS 6 months ago, and your story and format truly lit a fire for me to improve my photography through sharing and learning new techniques and lessons each day.

Thank you for sharing your journey and lessons, your support and comments, advice and techniques. What a great forum to become inspired and creative. I hope you continue to share your views on the world with us for a long time to come. Thank you Steve, and congratulations on your milestone. I'm almost halfway myself now!

Andrey Dorokhov said...

Steve, thank you for your year long journey, which I started to look at not long ago. Actually, your experience was a good inspiration for me, as I only started that 365 project!
Hope to see your posts often!

Pam Lane said...

Congratulations Steve, this is a huge accomplishment! I came in late, but I've enjoyed and been inspired by every minute of it. I'm glad to hear you're going to keep it up.

Unknown said...

Great job Stevo!

When does the calendar come out?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Steve! This is an amazing accomplishment. Question is, what now? (antagonism is a younger brothers specialty, just ask Kyle and Allen)

Judy said...

Congratulations.

Kari said...

Congratulations, Dad! I've been amazed at the improvements in your photography in the past year (although it doesn't seem like that long!).

I do hope that you continue to update and share your photos with us, it's become something of a ritual of mine to peak into life at home at the end of the day!

Rune Eide said...

Congratulations with the day and the project! It has been very interesting to follow you, and I have learnt a lot myself from your experiences. The self portrait really show how far you have come.

Pleas continue :-)

Mike Simmons said...

Congratulations Steve! I joined you late but glad I did. I'm stickin' with you and looking forward to more of your fine photography and insights. As others have said, your photos are inspiring.

Best regards - Mike

Werner Sun said...

Bravo! Thanks for sharing your work with all of us! I look forward to them every day!

Beaneyman said...

Well done Sir! I must say your blog has been an inspiration and you support most welcome !

dzignjulz said...

Congratulations! I really enjoy reading & viewing :)

Joanne said...

Congratulations! Having gotten through about a month of mine I realized how much work it is, and that this year is not the year for me. But I'll get to it someday! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandra said...

Congratulations! I do hope you continue sharing on this blog as I have really enjoyed looking at your images and reading your blog post.

badgerpendous said...

Congratulations on 1 year! I only stumbled upon your blog a few months ago. I've enjoyed every photo!