Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5, 2010, Law School Arches

Walking by the Law School on the way home, I began looking at the arches again.  I don't think that I have photographed them from this angle yet.  I liked the results.  I think this might be the best one yet.

Lessons Learned:
  • It's very difficult to set up a symmetrical photo with a wide angle lens.  Does anybody have any tips?  Anybody?
Photo details: Exposure time 1/30 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 400, Focal Length 17 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held (I didn't have my tripod with me.  I think I want to go back when the sign isn't on the door, and I have my tripod).

6 comments:

Andrew said...

Fantastic shot! I love how the depth is created through the shadows, etc. As I said before... you need to try stereo...ing this.

Pam Lane said...

I love this one! The lines, the symmetry, the perspective...

Sandra said...

Love it! Looks like a georgeous place.

webruci said...

This is fantastic Steve! No, I don't have any tip, and I think the special in this picture is asymmetry.
Great shoot!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

no advice, but well shot, and it looks so clean!

Yolanda said...

Love the arches, and the complex lines they create - I just get lost in it - so mesmerizing! Cavernous archways are probably my most favorite architectural elements, especially when photographed!