Saturday, May 9, 2009

Week 2 - Day 9, May 9, 2009 "Trillium I"


This past week John Saylor posted a photo of a trillium plant that they found in their walk in the woods. It reminded me of some woods about 5 miles from my house that I had seen trillium plants flowering. I drove out there today, and they were in full bloom. I hope you enjoy.

Lessons:

  • I found it very difficult to capture the vastness of the thousands of flowers. I wanted to give the image of a flow like a river of flowers. Some of the photos that I took seemed to do this, but there were to many trees in the way to make it a good photo. I also think that when I used a an aperture of f/22 the flowers were not as crisp, as when I used and aperture of f/11. I'll have to keep an eye on this.
  • I think I should have tried some higher ISO shots.
  • Don't let the photo process let you forget your equipment. I set my backpack down with all my lens in it, and moved to another spot with the camera. I forgot the lens at first and had to go back and get them.
  • I need to think of other area around here that are interesting. There are so many of them.
  • It was very windy today, so I began to look at ways to capture the wind in photos. I did find a flag, and some tall grasses in some of the photos that seemed to do the trick. This idea could be useful for future shots.
Photo Details: Exposure Time 1/13, Aperture f/11, ISO 100, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm.

No comments: