Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 1 - Day 4 - May 4, 2009 "Dog's Playing"


Our dog, Tank, has a lot of energy. Playing with other dogs gives him a lot of exercise. Today a friend was over digging up black berry bushes to transplant, and he brought his dog. The two of them had a great time chasing each other around.

Lessons:
  • Photography takes a lot of time to get it right. I only spent about 30 minutes photographing today, but it wasn't enough. Working all day, coming home and taking some photos, and then making dinner and studying for a book study tomorrow morning makes for a full day. Hopefully the more experience I gain, the more quickly I can set up the camera to the right settings for different situations.
  • Photography for me makes it easy to loose track of time. The 30 minutes seemed like just a few seconds. I wanted to spend more time.
  • Photographing dogs playing is a lot like sports photography but faster. I had to have a hair trigger to try and get a good photo.
  • Now that I have the RAW format, I need to reload the Canon software so that I can manipulate the images. Which will take more time.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/80 (should have been faster because of the speed of the dogs), Aperture f/3.5, ISO 200 (should have been faster), Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM.

2 comments:

Kari said...

You just need to update your Photoshop, CS4 supports RAW!

Gallow said...

Nice, when I have a spare $$$ I might consider it.