Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Week 3 - Day 20, May 20, 2009, "Hay Fields"


This is a great field, and I enjoying seeing the large hay bales.

I was attempting to use the bales as a pointer to the bale that sits on the horizon. I was disappointed in the results. I may need a larger lens to utilize that effect. I was also disappointed in the colors. I think that the sun was still to harsh, and that I needed to wait until it set a little further.

I also have several spots in the sky. I think that my camera has some dirt inside. Maybe it's time for a new camera. ;-)

Lessons Learned:
  • Wait until the sun has set more to attempt to capture richer colors
  • I wanted the lens to be focused on this first hay bale, but I did not want that hay bale in the center of the photo. To avoid having the auto focus refocus on a point further in the field, I pointed the camera and had it auto focus on the hay bale. Then I turned the focus to manual, so that the focal point would remain constant. This seemed to work well.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/40, Aperture f/25.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 70 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 113mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod was used.

No comments: