Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 3 - Day 18, May 18, 2009 Geese Part II


I was able to go back to the pond, and use a tripod. The geese were closer this time, and I was able to use a tripod. The geese seem to be sharper this time.

I still had several that were a little fuzzy with the tripod. The photos with an f/32 were much fuzzier than the photos with an f/11. But, some of the photos with a f/11 also were fuzzy. I wonder if this has an effect. I'll have to continue to play with this to see the results. Does any one else have any thoughts?

Lesson Learned:
  • I found myself finding photos everywhere today. I was looking at lighting, angles, shadows, flowing water. I didn't capture any ideal photos today, but I'm thinking about new ideas more often. Hopefully it will begin paying off as my technical skills increase.
  • Picasa has a new feature in the latest version. It's on the bottom right of the screen, and looks like a freshman's cap. When it is pressed, a opaque window with the camera information, and histogram appears. It's very handy.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/80, Aperture f/11.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 200 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 835mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod was used.

No comments: