Sunday, May 17, 2009

Week 3 - Day 17, May 17, 2009 "Dodge Ball"


I was asked to take photographs at the after prom party, so this photograph was from very early this morning. One of the activities at the party was dodge ball. It's been a while since I have taken sports shots, and really did not have my camera set up for a stop action type of shot. I still like the effects of the blurred motion in this photo. Everything is blurred except the intense expression on his face as he's leaping and throwing the ball.

Lesson Learned:
  • Different camera settings can give interesting effects. Normally I would have shot this at a fast ISO, a small fstop, and a fast shutter speed. I had the fstop set higher than my normal settings. I also had the camera set to Aperture priority which caused a slower shutter speed, and the blur. So the lesson learned is to try different camera settings for similar shots. Doing so may create new and interesting photos.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/50, Aperture f/5.0, ISO 1600, Focal Length 70 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 145mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, no tripod was used.

No comments: