Saturday, May 30, 2009

Week 5 - Day 30, May 30, 2009, " Rockin' Johnny"

The Purple Valley was performing today on the Ithaca Commons as part of the Ithaca Festival Celebration. It was a fantastic day for the event.

I took a variety of photos today, and this is my favorite. (and the music was fantastic.) In this photo I like John's smile, and I like the blurred background with the lighting on the trees. It's great to be able to photograph this band in daylight, but in a shaded area.

Lessons Today:
  • I need to work more on my moon shots. It's been a while, and I have forgotten my settings.
  • Getting the right light requires a lot of time. I was chasing clouds and sunshine shooting through the clouds. I didn't have a lot of luck.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/250, Aperture f/2.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 85 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 138mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, hand held.
Whew, I just got this one posted in time.

No comments: