Friday, May 22, 2009

Week 4 - Day 22, May 22, 2009, "Train Trestle"

I've driven by these train trestles in Freeville for years, and really liked them. I thought that they would make great photographs. I had several shots that I really liked, and would like to continue to take more. One of them is now in a pasture, and many times there are cows and horses crossing it. I hope some day to take a photo when they are on the trestle.

I was reading in a book about changing the white balance on the photographs. Usually I set it to automatic. The author had suggested trying different settings. He said that using a white balance for a flash seems to work well for landscape photos. I have to agree. I took some with both a automatic setting, and some with the flash white balance. The colors were much warmer when I used the flash white balance. The good news about shooting in RAW format is that I can change the white balance at a latter time.

Lessons Learned:
  • Try different white balances
Photo details: Exposure time 1/160, Aperture f/7.1, ISO 800, Focal Length 32 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 55mm, Lens Canon EF17-40mm f/4L USM, tripod was used. (I thought the ISO was lower when I took the photo, I think it should have been 400)

1 comment:

ruma said...

It is the scenery can feel quiet beauty with nostalgia.

Old bridge piles are impressive.