Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 4 - Day 27 - May 27, 2009, "Horse and Cart"


I only had a short amount of time to take photos today.

Our house is an interesting house in the evening. We never know how many people are around in the evening, and this evening there were 5 of us. So, I had to run to Cortland after work to purchase some food for supper.

As my daughter and I headed out the door to purchase the dinner supplies, I grabbed my camera. I told her we might find something interesting to shoot some photos. I also told her, that I would really like to take some photos of the Amish that live in our neighborhood. But, I know that many of the Amish do not allow people to take their photos do to religious beliefs. On the way home we found the following people riding their Horse and Cart down the road (not Amish, but....). They were moving very quickly. Shouting, I asked if I could take their photo as they passed. They said yes. I didn't have a lot of time for setup, and took a few photos. I like this one with the barn in the background. I wish I had more time to set up the shot, and take the photo.

Lessons Learned:
  • Sometimes I need to be quick on my toes to take photos.
  • There doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to take photos. I really hope to take more time photographing on my days off.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/500, Aperture f/5.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 70 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 113mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, hand held.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh goodness, that beautiful summer evening, upstate NY light in the countryside, I love it! I love horses too, GREAT shot, and the driver is smiling!