Friday, May 15, 2009

Week 3 - Day 15 - May 15, 2009 "Rabbits"


Wildlife photographer?

I guess it does not take much of a wildlife photographer to photograph rabbits. They don't seem to be very shy, and they won't attack you. It was still fun to try and get as close as possible, and snap a few shots before they run away.

Today I also received some excellent comments on the photo of the geese from berryb. Berryb is an incredible photographer and film maker. I'm very impressed with his work. I also received others via email from other people. I really enjoy receiving them. All the comments will help to make me a better photographer, and I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Lessons:
  • I think that for just about all nature shots where there aren't fast moving animals when I'm using a large telephoto lens, I really need the tripod. These photos seemed clearer than the photos I took of the geese the other day. I used a tripod with this photo, and I did not use a tripod when I was photographing the geese.
  • Humor Lesson, the camera that a photographer uses always seems to have the wrong lens. I started with a macro on this day to photograph some more insects, but the rabbits were in the lawn. I had to switch to my telephoto lens.
  • Include the focal length in the lens information at the end of each day's post.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/60, Aperture f/9.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 200 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 323mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, used a tripod.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Hey, these guys were just in my yard a minute ago! :)

Gallow said...

lol. They do seem to get around.