Thursday, May 7, 2009

Week 1 - Day 7 - May 7, 2009 "Chopsticks"


It's been a week since I've started the blog, and I've had a lot of fun. I'm carrying my camera with me more often, which helps when I seem something interesting.

I have some good news and some bad news concerning yesterdays photo. First for the bad news. I returned to the same spot, and there were only a few petals left on the slate. The good news was that I photographed the few petals, and they were much more clear. I had to open the aperture, and I bracketed the shutter speed. The RAW format is also working much better than the JPEG format. The colors are preserved much better.

Today's photo is of a friend of mine Mike Hammer. We were having lunch together at a Japanese Restaurant. The food was great. I haven't had a lot of experience with portraits, so this is new for me. I like this photo for the simple colors, and the close view. I would have liked to open the aperture a little more for more clarity, but there wasn't enough light. I didn't want to use a flash.

Lessons:
  • Try and get the photo correct in the first shooting. The subject may not be there the next time you arrive.
  • Photos will surprise you. When I took this photo I didn't think that I would be using it for today's photo.

No comments: