Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 2 - Day 14, May 14, 2009 "Lilacs"


Lilacs are blooming all over the place this time of year. The 3x filter on my telephoto lens is a lot of fun to play with. I think that one of the things that attracts people to macro photos is that they can see things that are more difficult to see without the aid of the lens. I think I'll try and do one macro photo a week.

Lessons:
  • Photography can help relax me. I was tense from not having my car fixed the first time, having to make dinner, and having it rain. (I thought the rain would prevent me from getting outside to take photos.) Once I started photographing, the other problems were no longer in the forefront of my mind.
  • The wind can have a devastating, and interesting effect on the photographs. I was thinking about using one of the photos that was made very interesting by the wind. The flowers of the lilac formed arches because the wind blew the flower while the shutter was open.
Photo details, Exposure time 1/10, Aperture f/16.0, ISO 100, Sigma Lens 70-300mm with a 3X Filter.

This photo was tied for first in the second week viewer poll.

No comments: