Monday, August 10, 2009

Week 14, Day 98, August 6, 2009 Fire Starter


For about the last 12 years there has been a group of us that have traveled to remote areas in the Adirondacks for a weekend of primitive camping. These areas are incredible beautiful, and great opportunities for photography. On this day we traveled to Lake Lila. All boats and equipment have to be carried about 1/3 of a mile to the lake. No motor boats are allowed on the lake. There are fewer than 30 camp sites on the lake, and it's a first come first serve basis. Campers are limited to 3 nights, or 4 days.

In this photo one of the campers is blowing on the wet wood to get the fire started.

Lessons Learned:
  • Ziplock bags are very handy. I put my camera and my lenses in ziplock bags to protect them. The waves were very rough, and the canoe got a lot of water in it. The ziplock bags saved my equipment.
  • My less expensive lenses also came in handy. I didn't have to risk any of the more expensive ones.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/200, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, hand held.

No comments: