Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Week 15, Day 102, August 10, 2009, Power Outage

We had a power outage during an electrical storm this evening. I'm in a book study on Tuesday mornings, and I hadn't read the assigned chapters. The headlamp that I use for camping came in handy, and so did my tripod and remote.

I have a little infrared remote control that I can use to trigger my camera. I use it all the time for photos with long time exposures. It helps reduce any vibration that I might give the camera by pushing the shutter button.

Lessons Learned:
  • I think there is some potential for some interesting photos with flash light shining in the camera to block certain features. This allows the viewer to use his/her imagination to fill in the missing part of the photo. I may explore this theme some more.
Photo details: Exposure time 2 sec, Aperture f/5.0, ISO 200, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 28mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod.

No comments: