Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Week 16, Day 109, August 18, 2009, "Reflection in a Wet Parking Lot"


This photo of the day has forced me to try new ways and new subjects. During the day, I'm always looking for an interesting way to take a photograph.

I had to pick up a new toner cartridge for my HP Color laser jet today, and I ended up taking this photograph.

Can you tell what it is? Any guesses? I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Lessons Learned:
  • There are interesting photo opportunities all around us. The trick is seeing them, and making them interesting. Great photographers do it well, and I really appreciate looking at their work.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/80, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 1600, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, hand held.

4 comments:

The Gilje Crew said...

Self portrait in a puddle?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

rats, missed the voting....

The Gilje Crew said...

I was right!

Gallow said...

You were right Elizabeth. The puddle is in a parking lot. I like the effect of the different stones being out of focus. It almost looks like a snow shower.