Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 16, Day 110, August 19, 2009 "Corn Tunnel" Winnder of Week 16 in online viewer poll


Tonight shot is from a Corn Field. I like the effect that it has, but I can get it much better.

The sky was to bright when I took this photo. I'm going back when it's earlier in the morning, or later at night. I also made the stupid mistake of leaving my camera set at 1600 ISO. I would think that I would know better by now. uurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Tonight I ran out of time in between this shot, making and eating dinner. Talking to my daughter on the phone, and then getting out there to late. I might try again tomorrow.

I think that I can do better, but I still like this shot.

Lessons Learned:
  • In my life there are many things that are more important than photography.
  • I still make a lot of stupid mistakes.
  • My camera bag makes a great tripod when I need to photograph down low.
  • I did remember to use the Focal Length of 17mm to give more feeling of depth.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/4 sec, Aperture f/10.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 28mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, camera bag tripod.

Winner of week 16 in online viewer poll.

3 comments:

Jen Yu said...

I love this perspective and compo. I'd probably bump the contrast and allow the corn to glow more, but this is a great start! Looking forward to seeing what more you do with it. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

BEYOND cool Stevo!

The Gilje Crew said...

I agree with Jen. I really like how you feel like you have the perspective of a mouse - the stalks look so big! I feel like if I was standing there I'd be no taller than the first knob.