Sunday, August 23, 2009

Week 17, Day 114, August 23, 2009, "Running Man"


I wanted to go for a run this weekend, so I contacted my friend who is also named Steve. He's training for a marathon, and he told me he was doing his long run on Sunday. He told me that he was starting his run at 6:00 AM to avoid the heat and humidity. I said, "Ok, I'll get up that early and join you for part of your run." He was running 16 miles, and the most that I have run this summer is 7. I agreed to run out 4 miles with him, and then back 4 miles for a total of 8 miles. It's great to have the run done for the day by 7:00 AM.

On the way out we passed a red barn. Steve said this is a marker for him. it's basically uphill on the way out until this point. On the way back it marks a downhill trend to the finish. I grabbed my camera and took several photos of him. In this one I wanted to take a photo of the red barn in the background as he was finishing his run. I like the effect that it has. It makes the photo more personal, and has a greater meaning for him.

Lessons Learned:

  • If the subject of the photograph is a person, ask questions and try to incorporate something personal into the photo.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/250 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 800 (it was a very cloudy day), Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 28mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

!!!!
btw, I am trying, once again, to stuff the ballot box on my own behalf, is that fair??? Who cares :)

Gallow said...

lol. You haven't succeeded yet.