Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 16, Day 108, August 17, 2009 "Hidden Picture"


Do you remember those pictures as a child that had the hidden pictures? I felt like that tonight as I tired to follow a red squirrel through the trees with my camera. They are much faster than gray squirrels, and try to hide on the other side of the tree. I wanted to try and take a better photo from a little more left that this shot, but he moved once again. It was a lot of fun trying to track him down.

Lessons Learned:
  • Red Squirrels are hard to photograph, and move quickly.
  • I like the effects of the circular polarizer filter on this photo.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/100, Aperture f/2.8, ISO 400, Focal Length 200 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 323mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, hand held, circular polarizer filter.

1 comment:

The Gilje Crew said...

Cool! I wonder what was more fun though - trying to take the picture or being observer watching you try and take it. :)

I can't believe you were even able get your camera fast enough to catch him. I never have luck there.