Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 18, Day 131, August 31, 2009 "The Beginning of Fall"


At lunch time I run with a group at Cornell called the High Noon Athletic Club. A couple of the guys said that Fall is like a switch in this area. One day it's summer and hot, the next day it's cold and Fall. I'm glad Fall is here, because I really like the cooler temperatures for running. Somewhere between 50-55 degrees is my preferred temperature. A friend of mine from Israel says that when it gets that cold nobody in Israel runs.

The fields around my house are just filling with color. The goldenrod is yellow. The cattails are brown. There is still a lot of green in the field. And this flower is purple. I'm not sure what it is. If you know, please let me know.

Lessons Learned:
  • The dirt on my ccd of my camera is bothering me. When I use a narrow aperture it is very noticeable. I didn't use a photo today because of it. When/if I get a new camera body, I'm going to try to clean it with one of those cleaning kits. The newer cameras have a shake feature that helps to keep dirt off of the ccd. Mine is told old, and doesn't.
  • The colors in the field have been screaming for me to take a photo. It was easy to take several photos today. I'm really amazed by photos from different parts of the world, because they are different from this area. I think that things we take for granted around here, amaze people from other areas. The other day I took a photo of some fog, and Elizabeth Gilje mentioned that they do not have fog very often where she lives in Montana. I hope this photo is unique to this area, and people from other parts of the world enjoy seeing some of the beauty that we experience.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/500, Aperture f/2.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 115 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 186mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod.

3 comments:

The Gilje Crew said...

Aww thanks for the mention. It should make you happy to know that this flower is new to me as well. Just another reason I love watching your photos!

Beautiful picture, the color makes me think it was taken in the early morning or evening. That peaceful calm part of day.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

this pic WINS Stevo! Gorgeous!

Gallow said...

The photo was taken in the evening. It was fairly breezy, so it was difficult to take a photo that wasn't blurry.