Friday, August 21, 2009

Week 17, Day 112, August 21, 2009, Stained Glass Window Sage Chapel Cornell


Fall is approaching, and the amount of daylight per day is also reducing. My guess is that it will be more difficult for me to take outside photos as the days becoming shorter. Today we had a lot of rain, and I had to work late. I had some time near the end of the day for a few photographs inside while it was raining.

This photo is the very large stained glass window at the back of Sage Chapel at Cornell University. The window is up behind the pipes of the pipe organ. There was enough light coming through this beautiful piece of artwork to take it's photograph. Please click on it to see greater details.

Lessons Learned:
  • There will be a lot of indoor photo opportunities this winter at Cornell University.
  • I can create and HDR file, but I haven't figured out how to output it to a format that the blog software will take. I'll keep looking.
  • The telephoto lens came in very handy for this photo. Sage Chapel is huge.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/2, Aperture f/9.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 105 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 170mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod.

No comments: