Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Week 17, Day 116, August 25, 2009 Dad's Birthday, Winner of week 17 in online viewer poll.


Today is my father's 73 birthday. Two of his most favorite things in the world are the Boston Red Sox, and Elderberry Pie.

Normally my father doesn't like having his photo taken, but he has a great sense of humor. I proposed a photo where he would wear his hat and cut his pie. He willingly agreed, and I'm really happy for it. I think the photo captured his sense of humor, and his love of the Red Sox, and pie.

Happy Birthday Dad. I hope that you get to enjoy most of the pie, without having to share to much of it.

Lessons Learned:

  • Don't give up on trying to get photos of people who don't like to have their photos taken.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/30, Aperture f/2.5, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, hand held.

Winner of week 17 in online viewer poll. (It was a tie)

6 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Happy Birthday indeed :)

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Steve, I hope I will get first crack at this calendar of yours! Your work is beautiful!

Gallow said...

Nancy, you'll be the first person that I call.

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Steve, I have an idea!!!! Why don't we do an exhibit of your photography along with a "launch" of the calendar? I will need note cards too- I'm liking this idea for December.

Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday to your father!!

Jen Yu said...

This photo is precious. Love the backstory.