Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 5 - Day 34 - June 3, 2009, "Spanish Moss"


It's been several years since we have been to South Carolina. One of my memories from that last trip to see my sister was of the oak trees growing over the road with the Spanish moss. When we arrived this was one of the first things that I wanted to photograph.

I like the contrast between the dark branches, the green leaves, and the green/gray of the Spanish moss. I even kind of like the 55 mph sign tilted in the background. Being tilted it feels as if our man made objects are more temporary than the nature around it.

Lessons Learned:
  • I can't think of anything new in this photo.
  • In another photo of my Aunt that I took today, she stated that she disliked the photo. I really like the photo that I took of her. I think that for many of us, having our photo taken is like hearing our voice recorded. It doesn't seem to represent how we view and see ourselves. I think that when others see our photos, they have a better sense of whether the photo is a good representation or not. My cousin, daughter of the Aunt that I took the photo, said on facebook that she really liked the photo of her mother.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/4, Aperture f/13.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 70 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 113mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Kinda hard to believe how pretty that is, isn't it?

Gallow said...

It is. Strangly it also seems comforting.