Saturday, June 27, 2009

Week 9 - Day 57, June 26, 2009, "Cummings Barn"



Sorry about not posting last night. Our DSL connection was down.

Last night the clouds were spectacular. I thought they would make a great back drop to the Cummings Farm up the road. This farm has been in the same family for 5 generations. While taking the photos Bill Cummings stopped by to see what I was doing. He had some great sugguestions on other places that I might also get some great shots. (Including on top of his silo. I'm not sure if I'm that brave.)
Lessons Learned:
  • I think that I need a gradiant filter. It was difficult to balance the bright sky, with the not so brightly lit barn. I think the gradiant filter will help with that.
  • Asking people for sugguestions on their favorite views. So, what are your favorite views in the area?

Photo details: Exposure time 1/320s, Aperture f/9.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 70 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 113mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod.

2 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

I like the build up of the clouds behind the barn to provide a constrast to the darkness of the buildings.

Gallow said...

Thank you Barbara, the clouds that day were incredible.