Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week 9 - Day 61, June 30, 2009 "Moon Shot"

I was just heading out the door to drive to a spot that I want to photograph. It was late, and I wasn't sure that the lighting would be good. As I walked to the car I looked up, and saw the moon. I love taking moon shots. I couldn't resist. I put the car keys away. I then began to move around the yard to look for a place that would frame the photo since it was so high in the sky. These branches seemed to work well.

Lessons Learned:
  • I haven't learned this lesson yet, but I hope to. Don't worry about getting out to take a lot of photos. There are many opportunities all around. I just have to relax and look around when I have the opportunity.
  • Picasa takes my RAW images and automatically adjusts the contrast levels. When the program did this with these photos the moon was always way to bright, and it was impossible to see the craters. When I pulled up the Canon Digital Photo Professional the images looked fine. I cropped, and saved the image as a jpeg, and then the images displayed correctly in Picasa.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/8 sec, Aperture f/32.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 200 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 482mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod.

NOTE: click on image for a larger view.

No comments: