Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week 7 - Day 49, June 18, 2009 "New Guitar" Winner of Week 7 in Viewer Poll, Tied in the Month of June Favorite Photo Poll


My Daughter's boyfriend received a graduation gift from his father. It's a Gretsch Electromatic, G5120. It's a semi hollow guitar designed to create a very clear and crisp sound. It sounds great even unplugged. Not quite Chet Atkins but close enough.

It was also an excellent opportunity for photography.

Lesson Learned:
  • My son's work lights help create a dramatic light effect. This is the first time I worked with external lights. I took photos from several angles, and this angle seemed the best. I think I'll try this more in the future.
  • Distracting the person having his/her photo taken creates a much more natural look. Derek was focusing on his playing not on the camera. Hey, that's the same lesson that I learned with Tank.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/400, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 1600, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, handheld.

This photo was the winner of week 7 in the Viewer Poll.

This photo was tied for the winner for the month of June in the Viewer Poll.

No comments: