Friday, June 19, 2009

Week 8 - Day 50, June 19, 2009 "Basketball Offense"

A group of the Groton Basketball Team, including my son, are in a basketball camp this weekend at the University of Binghamton. This was right after the Groton team got the rebound, and began running down the court. They won their first 2 games on Friday night.

I enjoy taking photos at Basketball games. The method that I use is to set the camera in the right mode, find a good position, shoot as many photos as possible, and try to time the shutter at the most exciting moments. This is the first time since early spring that I've shot a basketball game, so I was a little out of practice.

Lessons Learned:
  • A black background makes for great basketball shooting.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/200s, Aperture f/2.8, ISO 1600, Focal Length 100 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 267mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, handheld.

No comments: