Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week 7 - Day 47, June 16, 2009 "Sunset over Groton"


One of the things that I'm finding is that on some outings I'll take a variety of photographs. When I look at the photos later, I often surprised by how some of the photos turn out. Later I'll return and shoot a more comprehensive set of photos on the same subject.

Back when I photographed the geese, I also took a couple of photos of this tree near sunset. Tonight when trying to think of ideas, I decided to go back and reshoot a similar photo. When I have more time with a single subject I use a variety of apertures, shutter speeds, and sometime various white balance settings. This allows me to choose the best of all the shots. I like the results of this one.

Lessons Learned:
  • It can be difficult to remove power lines from a photo. I actually selected a darker color photo because it helped hide the power lines that are in the lower part of the photo.
  • Around Groton it's difficult to find single trees that do not have other trees around them. I was trying to do that for this photo.
  • The day after I put up some photos I think, "What was I thinking on yesterday's photos." Some photos I seem to enjoy more as I think about them, others loose something with time, and still others loose something a few minutes after I put them on this blog.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/320s, Aperture f/20.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 108 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 175mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, tripod.

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

whoa, you nailed it, eh Steve?

judy s said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
judy s said...

Looks like a scene from Africa.