Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 6 - Day 40, June 9, 2009, "Tank and Stick", Winner of Week 6 Viewer Poll


This one is for all you dog lovers out there.

We missed our dog, Tank, when we were in South Carolina. He still has a lot of puppy in him. He's only a year old, and loves to chew on sticks.


Lessons Learned:
  • Similar to the fern, this was another case where the light meter of the camera did not produce the correct exposure. I think because Tank is black, the camera had a difficult time. I used all manual settings to get this photo's colors correct.
  • Dogs are curious, so when I first started taking photos he was concentrating on me. This made for horrible shots. I found that if I just continued to photograph, after a while he became bored, and ignored me. (he does have a short attention span.) This is when I was able to get the best shots.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/320, Aperture f/3.2, ISO 1600 (I had it set to this because he Tank was running around, and I thought I would need it for an action shot.), Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, hand held.

This photo was the winner of week 6 in the Viewer Poll.