Monday, June 15, 2009

Week 7 - Day 46, June 15, 2009, "Bugs Over Cat Tail"

I attempted to take photos of an old rock wall that is behind our neighbors house. It's an amazing wall that is about 6 feet tall, and 4 feet wide and about 100 feet long. I wasn't able to photograph it to capture any of it's immensity. As I was walking back to my house I saw a cluster of bugs flying around a cat tail. I took a few photographs of these, and liked this photo. I will return to the wall with some new ideas on how to photograph it. Stay tuned.

I like this photo, but the speed of the bugs is amazing. They look like worms when I in this photo because of their speed. I would need to shoot at a much faster shutter speed to try and achieve a greater clarity.


Photo details: Exposure time 1/125, Aperture f/2.8, ISO 200, Focal Length 200 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 323mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, hand held.

No comments: